Let us keep looking to Jesus.
He is the one who started this journey of faith,
and he is the one who completes this journey of faith.
Hebrews 12: 2a
Reflection Activity: Say What?
WHAT YOU NEED: Bible
WHAT YOU DO:
• Read Matthew 6:5-13
o As you read, create simple motions to go along with the verses.
• Take a closer look at the verses and think about prayer in light of what they just heard.
o What are some of things Jesus suggests we talk to God about? (Use the following list to direct discussion as needed.)
• Give praise to God first.
• Ask God to continue to change the world for the better.
• Ask God for the things you need.
• Ask for forgiveness for your sins. Admit when you’ve messed up or forgive who you need to forgive.
• Ask for help to keep from doing wrong even when you want to.
o What DOs and DON’Ts did you hear in what Jesus said?
o What part of this prayer is the easiest for you to ”mirror” or imitate? What’s the hardest?
• Challenge: choose something from the Lord’s Prayer that you need to work on in order to make their conversations with God mirror the way Jesus taught us to pray.